There are a handful of reasons why a transaction might be declined:
- Insufficient funds: If your Soldo card doesn’t have sufficient funds to cover your purchase then the payment terminal will automatically decline your transaction. Your account admin can set up a notification for when your wallet balance falls below a certain threshold.
- Incorrect PIN: If you enter an incorrect PIN your transaction will be declined. If you enter an incorrect pin 3 times your card will be blocked and you'll receive a push notification. We'll carry out an investigation into the fraudulent use of your card. We work pretty fast and often we are able to unblock your card and reset your PIN within hours.
- Contactless limit: for extra security, after 5 consecutive contactless transactions the payment will be declined. You'll need to use Chip and Pin on your next transaction to reset the counter.
- Typos: If you make a typo writing the expiration date or CVC code, your transaction will be declined.
- Your card has been deactivated or marked stolen by your account admin: Your account admin can deactivate any card at any time (please see here).
- Your card has not been activated: Before making your very first purchase you have to activate your card (please see here). You won’t be able to use your Soldo card until you have done so.
- Your card has been disabled by your company's admin: For security reasons, your company's admin is able to disable any Soldo card at any time. As an employee, you will not automatically be informed of this but will be able to see whether this is the case in your Soldo mobile app under Cards.
- Limits set by your company's admin: Please note that restrictions that were applied on this card or wallet by you or an admin may have caused the transaction to be declined.