Why is Soldo updating the Accountant Partner Programme?
Last year we launched new plans designed to give our customers the most value and best possible experience from Soldo. We are now discontinuing our legacy plans and moving all our customers and partners to these new plans.
As part of this, we’re updating our Soldo Accountant Partner Programme to ensure that you and your clients have access to our new plans along with all the latest features.
Why did Soldo introduce new plans on 4 April 2022?
Launching new plans is part of our commitment to continuously improving and evolving to meet our customers’ changing needs.
These plan changes, as well as our new and upcoming features, allow us to provide customers with greater value by enabling end-to-end company and employee expense management through the Soldo platform.
Why is Soldo discontinuing legacy plans?
We’re discontinuing legacy plans because the new plans we introduced on 4 April 2022 better serve our customers’ needs.
All the new features we launched after this date, including expense management capabilities introduced last year, are only available on the new plans.
By discontinuing our legacy plans, we’re making sure that you don’t miss out on these as well as an exciting roadmap of upcoming features.
We’ll continue to invest in our new plans over the coming months and years. We’re committed to continuously improving and evolving to meet your changing needs.
Will my practice be moved to one of the new plans?
Yes, we’ll automatically move your practice to a new Premium plan on 2 November 2023. We’ll email you at least 30 days before your move to let you know when it will happen, what you need to do, and any other important information.
You will continue to enjoy your Premium plan with no monthly fees. Financial Services fees still apply.
What’s different about my practice’s new Premium plan?
We’ll automatically move all of our partners to a new Premium plan on 2 November 2023 with no monthly fees. This will be shown on your bill as a 100% discount. Financial service fees still apply.
Your new Premium plan has all our new features, including Soldo’s full expense management suite. See what’s included here.
Your new plan won’t have a client dashboard. Instead, your client can add you as an accountant to their Soldo account. This gives you access to real-time spend visibility, automated reports, accurate financial data, and more.
How do I access my client’s Soldo account after 2 November 2023?
After 2 November 2023, you will no longer have a client dashboard. Instead, simply follow these instructions to access an existing client’s Soldo account:
- Log in to your Soldo account
- Go to your profile in the top right corner of the ‘Overview’ page
- Use the dropdown to select the relevant client and access their Soldo account using your normal Soldo password
Any new clients you refer to Soldo from 2 November 2023 will first need to add you as an accountant to their Soldo account. Here are step-by-step instructions you can share with them:
- Log in to your Soldo account
- Go to ‘Users’ in the side navigation panel
- Select ‘Create user’ in the top righthand corner and add your accountant as a user
- Once added, go to your list of users and click on your accountant
- Select ‘Permissions’ in the top navigation panel
- Scroll down and enable ‘Admin’ permissions for your accountant
Finally, select the role ‘Accountant’
What if I don’t want to move to a new plan?
If you don’t want to move to a new plan, you have the right to close your Soldo account.
To do this, you’ll need to send us written notice of your decision to close your Soldo account via email to email@example.com with ‘New plan’ as the subject. You won’t be charged any closure fees.
If we don’t receive written notice before the planned date of your move, we’ll assume that you’ve accepted the new plan and pricing.
Will my clients move to the new plans and pricing?
Yes, all of your clients who signed up to Soldo before 13th September 2023 will move to our new plans and pricing on 2 November 2023. We’ll let them know by email 30 days before the move, as per our Terms & Conditions.
We’re committed to offering your clients a preferential rate, so they’ll automatically get a 50% discount on our new standard pricing.
Please note that the pricing and some features on our new plans differ from our old plans. See full details here.
How does the pricing differ on the new plans for partners and their clients?
Standard pricing on our new plans includes a monthly fee. This is based on the number of users on your Soldo account, instead of the number of cards. Each user has a card included. Monthly fees start from a minimum of three users. For example:
- We charge £6 per user on our new Pro plan, so you’ll pay a minimum monthly fee of £18
- We charge £10 per user on our new Premium plan, so the minimum monthly fee is £30
- There will be no changes to Soldo Financial Services fees
Your partner discount: As a valued partner, you won’t pay any monthly fees for your new Premium plan. This will be shown on your bill as a 100% discount. Financial services fees still apply.
Existing client discount: Any clients you referred to Soldo and who signed up before [date] will automatically get a 50% discount on our standard pricing.
When you and your clients move to a new plan, we’ll make this change immediately. You’ll receive your first bill on the new plan one month later, based on your first month’s usage.
You can find full pricing details per plan here or use this handy calculator to estimate how much your clients will pay on their new plan. Remember to apply your client’s exclusive discount to the estimation.
New client discount: From 2 November 2023, any new clients you refer to Soldo will automatically get a 30% discount on the minimum monthly fee for the first 12 months. T&Cs apply.
Is there anything my clients need to do before they move to a new plan?
Yes, we recommend your clients do the following before moving to a new plan:
- Delete any inactive users from their Soldo account so that they won’t be charged for them when they move to a new plan with per user pricing
- Use this handy calculator to estimate their new bill
- Take a look at the features included their new plan
What if my client doesn’t want to move to a new plan?
If your client doesn’t want to move to a new plan, they have the right to close their Soldo account.
To do this, they’ll need to send us written notice of their decision to close their Soldo account via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘New plan’ as the subject. They won’t be charged any closure fees.
If we don’t receive written notice before the planned date of their move, we’ll assume that they’ve accepted the new plan and pricing.
How are the new plans different to the legacy plans?
We’ve adjusted some of the features in our new plans to better reflect customer needs. We’ll continue to launch exciting new features and improve existing features across all of these new plans in 2023 and long into the future.
For example, our new Pro plan includes:
- NEW expense management features: review, track and categorise expenses into customisable categories with built-in post approval process and reporting
- Three cards included as standard for subscriptions/online ads: manage and get complete visibility of recurring spend on subscriptions and online ads, with dedicated virtual cards and reports. Additional cards can be added to your plan for a small charge.
- Five temporary cards included as standard for pre-approved spend per month: control ad-hoc spending by issuing temporary virtual cards, valid only for 7 days and up to 10 purchases. Additional cards can be added to your plan for a small charge.
- Users and cards: a minimum of three users. Each user has a card included
- Advanced reporting: Advanced reports and auto-tagging (automatically sorting payments by category) will now only be available on our Premium plan
When you move to a new Premium plan, you’ll unlock our full expense management suite including:
- Out-of-pocket expenses: allow employees to add expenses made using their money, so you can track and manage all company spending in one place
- Spending policy profiles: easily identify and manage out-of-policy expenses with reports that highlight any transactions that fall outside of your spending policy profile
- Split transactions: get more accurate expense reporting by allowing employees to split single transactions with their colleagues, so that the correct amount is attributed to the right employee
- Categorise transactions: create custom expense categorisations and tax rates, so employees can classify transactions based on types of spend and relevant tax details
- Users and cards: a minimum of 3 users. Each user has a card included
- Company wallets: organise and divide up company money to help every team and project stay on budget. One company wallet included in your plan. Add as many as you like for £3 each
Click here for a detailed look at the features included in each of our new plans.
Can I move back to my old plan?
No, neither you nor your clients will be able to go back once you’ve moved to a new plan. This is because our legacy plans have now been discontinued.
If your client’s needs change, they can move to one of our other new plans.
I’d like more information, can I speak to someone about this?
If you’d like to speak to someone from the Soldo team about the new plans or our decision to discontinue the legacy plans, please email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.