You can set up the Xero integration from your Soldo web console. First, make sure that you’ve read: What is Soldo’s Xero integration? and What do I need to do before setting up the Xero integration?
Once you've configured Xero and obtained the required information, follow these steps in the Soldo Web console to set up the integration:
- Click the ‘Integrations’ tab on the left.
- Under ‘Available integrations’, find the Xero integration and click ‘Let’s Begin’. If you already have an active integration with another accounting system, you'll need to remove that before you can continue.
- On the following page, you can read an overview of the integration. Review the details and click ‘Add integration’.
- Review the requirements that you need to complete before proceeding to the next step. All good? Click ‘Continue’.
- When you're ready, click ‘Connect now’. This will redirect you to the Xero login page.
- On the following pages, log in using your Xero credentials.
- Select the Xero organisation that you want to connect to your Soldo account and grant Soldo permission to integrate with your Xero account.
- You’ll be redirected back to Soldo to finish setting up the integration.
- On the first step of the configuration, select the Xero organisation you want to connect to Soldo. This should be the same organisation you selected in the previous step. If no organisation is available or you cannot find the one you're looking for, create one in Xero or contact your Xero administrator. Click ‘Next’ when you're done.
- Next, check the Soldo currencies you'd like to integrate with Xero and select a Xero bank account for each one. If there aren’t any bank accounts or you don't want to use any of the available ones, you can create one here. For more details on setting bank accounts, see: ‘What are Xero bank accounts and how they are used in the integration?’ Click ‘Next’ to continue.
- On the final step, decide whether to set rules about transactions being exported to Xero. (You can always change the attachment policy later. See: ‘How do I set/change the attachment policy?’ for more details.)
- Click ‘Complete setup’ to finish setting up the integration.
Soldo will now set up the connection and import your accounts, tax rate, and tracking codes from Xero, making them available for you to use in Soldo. Give the integration some time to do this, we’ll notify you once it’s complete.