With ‘Reminders’, you can set up automated emails that remind employees at your company to complete their incomplete transactions. This saves you having to contact people directly about their individual expenses. It also reminds them to complete transactions before your monthly accounting deadline.
How to set up ‘Reminders’
Select Reminders under Configure, then click the toggle in the top right-hand corner to enable them. You’ll see that default rules and dates have been set for you. You can click Customise to check or change these.
Transaction rules determine what employees need to add to every transaction. A transaction is only considered complete when they’ve added everything you select here. That could be:
- An attachment e.g. a receipt
- A note (a description of the transaction)
- A list. If you set this rule, employees need to add at least one of the lists you select in the dropdown to every transaction.
If the employee hasn’t added all the required information to a transaction, that transaction isn’t considered complete. They’ll receive email reminders until they complete it.
Under Email reminders, you can set the reminder schedule. Employees will get an email about incomplete transactions on the deadline you set and on one or more dates prior to the deadline. You’ll need to:
- Set the deadline. Employees will get the final email reminder on this day. You could pick the first of a certain day in the month or a specific date. (You might want to align this with your monthly accounting schedule.)
- Set the pre-deadline reminder. On this date, employees will get an email letting them know about the upcoming deadline. You can decide whether this is sent once or weekly.
- Select exempt users. These employees won’t receive any email reminders.
If I change the rules, which transactions will this affect?
Any changes you make will apply to transactions made since the beginning of the current calendar month.
How to disable ‘Reminders’
You can use the toggle to disable ‘Reminders’ at any time. This will immediately stop any email reminders going out to employees with incomplete transactions.