Requests allow Soldo users to request temporary virtual cards to make ad-hoc payments. If someone submits a purchase request, this needs to be approved by someone else in the business. This is what we call a 'request process'.
You can choose between 2 types of request process: the standard request process and the custom request process.
Standard request process
The standard request processes can be used for any purpose. It's the default choice if no custom request process has been configured. It consists of 2 simple steps:
- A user sends a request
- A Super admin approves or declines the request
Custom request process
If you're a Super admin or Admin and want more people to review certain types of requests, you can create custom request processes. When creating one, you can:
- Provide a process name and description. This helps requesters choose a process for the type of request they want to submit. For example, if you want employees to use a specific process to request IT equipment, you could call that process 'IT hardware' and provide a description like: 'For requesting IT equipment - laptops, monitors, etc.'. You can also link the process to a spending policy, if available.
- Add more review steps, and therefore reviewers. Continuing with the previous example, you might want to involve someone from the IT department as the reviewer of a request process regarding IT equipment.
To configure a custom request process:
- Go to the web console
- Select 'Requests' from the left-hand side menu
- Select the top-right button 'Configure requests'
- Select 'Add custom request process'
- Follow the custom process creation flow