This article will take you through all you need to know about the expense review feature.
What is the expense review feature?
This new feature allows finance teams to review, track, and approve all business expenses made using a Soldo card.
How do I set up and start using the expense review feature?
To start using the expense review feature you need to go through the following steps:
- Log in to the Soldo web console
- On the left sidebar menu, click on ‘Expenses’ and then ‘Expense review’
- Select a start date, this can be up to 90 days prior to the day you set up the expense review feature
- Select the card types you want expenses to be approved for
- Add your spending policy
- Review your settings and activate the expense review
- All done!
How do I set up approvers on the expense review feature?
Before you set up the expense review feature, you will need to make sure your approvers have the correct permissions enabled. To do this follow the below steps:
- Go to ‘Configure’ on the side panel
- Click on ‘Permissions’
- Within permissions choose who you want to grant access to
- Scroll down to ‘Expense review’ and you will see three options to choose from. Make sure you choose: Can access ‘Expense review’ and review expenses.
For custom roles, you will need to go through the same process as above.
Who can use this feature?
Super admins, admins, and accountants are able to initially set up expense review and use this feature.
These roles also have the permission to review, approve or reject expenses and grant line managers the permissions to check and approve expenses.
Are managers able to nudge users while reviewing expenses?
Yes, they can still send reminders to their employees through this feature to attach missing details.
What are unassigned expenses?
These are expenses that have been paid for using a company card shared between different employees.
That means that these payments or transactions cannot be automatically assigned to an individual. This process can only be done manually.
What reporting is available for expenses?
There will be an official PDF document that can be downloaded with the spender’s, approver’s, or line manager's signature. You can get this document from each employee. You will also be able to see the status of each expense when looking at your accounting platform report.
Is this functionality available in all markets?
Yes, this feature is available in all the markets.