How do I find out why my transaction has failed?
You can view the reason why a transaction was declined by logging into the web console or mobile app. Declined transactions will be flagged with a red cross in the web console or labelled declined in the mobile app. Click on the declined transaction to get more information about why the payment was declined.
If you need further information or have more questions, you can contact us here: https://support.soldo.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004279314 We’ll be happy to help!
Most common reasons for failed transactions and how to avoid them:
Here are some of the top reasons why transactions can be declined and how to help avoid them:
You have insufficient funds
- Check that there's enough money in the card’s funding source to cover the cost of your transaction. You can do this on the web console or in your mobile app. Go to the web console, click on Deposit info and add money.
- You can easily ask your manager for funds by tapping ‘Request funds’ in the app.
- Admins can set up automatic transfers to users so they never run out of money. An automatic transfer will occur whenever the balance of the wallet drops below the amount specified, so the user linked to the wallet will never be without funds. Click here for more info on how to do it.
- Activate low balance alerts/reminders to know when your balance drops below a certain amount and it has insufficient funds. You can do this by clicking here.
You need to use chip & PIN
- After paying contactless 5 times, you’ll need to use chip and PIN for the next transaction. Try making the transaction again, this time putting your card into the card reader and entering your PIN rather than using contactless. You can then use contactless again next time.
- If you need to check the card’s PIN, go to the ‘Cards’ section of the mobile app, then tap ‘Card info’ and ‘View Pin’.
- Alternatively, PIN reminders can be sent in the web console by an admin of your company by clicking on ‘Users’, select a user, click on ‘Cards’ and then click on ‘Pin Options’ for a card.
You’ve entered the PIN incorrectly or you’ve made a typo
- If you don’t remember your PIN, you can check the card’s PIN on the mobile app. Go to ‘Cards’ then ‘Card info’ and tap ‘View Pin’.
- If your card is blocked because you entered the PIN incorrectly 3 times, we'll send you a notification and investigate the potentially fraudulent use of the card. All being well, we should unblock your card and reset the PIN within hours.
- If your card doesn’t work when you pay for something online, check that you've entered the expiration date and CVV code correctly.
The card hasn’t been activated yet
- You need to activate your card before making your first transaction on it. You can do this straight away using the Soldo mobile app or web console. After activating your card, you’ll need to use chip and PIN for your first transaction before using contactless payments. Click here to learn how to activate your card.
There are limits on your card or wallet
- If you’ve had a transaction declined due to limits on cards and wallets set up by your Admin. This might restrict the types of items you can buy or the merchants you can buy from. If you’ve had a transaction declined while travelling abroad, there might also be limits on the countries in which you can use that card. Your company admin might also have set up specific limits on the amount of cash that can be withdrawn from your card, or even make it impossible to withdraw money from ATMs.
- You can check the card’s limits on the mobile app. Go to ‘Cards’ then ‘Spending limits’ or ‘Geo Control’ to see if any limits apply. Contact your admin about changing these limits.
The card’s been deactivated, disabled or has expired
- Your admin might have locked or disabled your card, or the card could have expired. You can see the card status in your web console or in the ‘Cards’ section of the mobile app.
- If your card is expired, to order a new card or reactivate one, contact your admin.