Transfer profiles empower you to configure periodic or low balance bulk transfers for multiple wallets, users, and cards without the hassle of repetitive manual settings. This means that transfer profiles will save you time and help you gain greater control over your money allocation within Soldo.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to create and edit a transfer profile.
Note: You can create transfer profiles only for automatic transfers with either periodic or low balance rules.
- Periodic transfers allow you to add or remove money from a resource, or top up the balance to a specified amount on a monthly, weekly, or daily basis.
- Low balance transfers automatically transfer money to a resource when its balance falls below a certain amount.
If you’re looking to make one-off bulk transfers, please follow this guide as the process differs.
Where to find the transfer profiles feature
In the web app, you can access the transfer profiles feature through the following routes:
Configure > Transfer profiles
Users > [Click on a user] > 'Transfers' tab > ‘Periodic’ or ‘Low balance’ subtab.
Creating a transfer profile
To create a transfer profile, follow these steps:
Click the ‘Create’ button from one of the entry points mentioned above
Select the transfer profile type you wish to make.
Set up your transfer rules.
If you chose ‘Low balance transfers’ in the previous step, use the ‘Transfer from’ field to select the source wallet from which you'll transfer funds to your resources. Then, set your transfer rules.
If you chose ‘Periodic transfers’ in the previous step, use the ‘Transfer from/to’ field to select the source or destination wallet. Then, choose your transfer rules.
Understanding the ‘Transfer from/to’ field: For periodic transfers, the selected wallet will send or receive money depending on the way you configure the transfer rules.
- Send: Money will be sent FROM the selected wallet TO the resources.
- Remove: Money will be sent FROM the resources TO the selected wallet.
- Set Balance To: Money will flow FROM or TO the selected wallet depending on the resource balance on the chosen day. If the resource balance is lower than the specified amount, the resource will receive money FROM the wallet. If the resource balance is higher than the specified amount, the resource will send money TO the wallet.
Select the resources to which you want to assign the transfer rules. The resources (users, wallets, and cards) will send or receive money based on your transfer rules.
If you'd rather select resources later, simply click 'Skip and select resources later.
Note: Each resource can be assigned to only one transfer profile or set of custom rules at a time. If you select a resource already assigned to transfer rules, you'll need to decide whether to overwrite the existing rules.
Give your transfer profile a recognisable nameand, if desired, a description. This helps quickly identify the transfer rules and associated resources when you have multiple transfer profiles.
Review your transfer profile details. Once satisfied, confirm and assign it. Congratulations, you've successfully created your first transfer profile!
Once the transfer profile is confirmed, it will appear in the section.
Editing transfer profiles
To edit a transfer profile, click on the transfer profile you want to edit. In the ‘Rules’ tab you can edit the transfer rules and source wallet, in the ‘Resources’ tab you can add or remove resources.
If you need to update the transfer profile’s name or description, click the three dots on the top-right corner of the screen. Then, select ‘Edit details’, make your changes, and click ‘Confirm’.