With Soldo, you have real-time visibility of all business spending. Employees can view their up-to-date expenses at any time, while administrators have a complete overview of all spending on Soldo cards as it happens. Transactions can be viewed easily in the Soldo mobile app or web console.
In this article, we'll cover how to:
- Set up expense rules and reminders
- View, categorise and analyse expenses
- Report on expenses
- Automate the expense review workflow (for Pro/Premium plans)
Set up expense rules and reminders
With Soldo, you can set rules and policies for employees to follow when submitting their expenses. To make it easier to review all expenses and make sure the necessary details have been provided, you can set requirements for every transaction. These can include:
- Ensuring every expense has a receipt attached
- Ensuring every expense has a category assigned
- Ensuring every expense has a description
Soldo also lets you send reminders to employees where certain information is missing, saving time spent chasing up vital details. Here's how you can set up expense rules:
- Under Configure, go to the Reminders section of the web console
- Turn on the 'Reminders' feature
- Set the rules you wish to use
- Set up automatic reminders. These can be configured to send whenever a user submits any expense that doesn't satisfy the requirements outlined in Step 3
For more details about how reminders work, read this dedicated article.
View, categorise and analyse expenses
With Soldo, employees can spend easily, and companies can have complete visibility. They can also categorise all transactions for better reporting and analysis. As an Admin or Super admin user, you can view all transactions that are happening or have happened in your company account by any of the cards. You can find the details under the Transactions tab of the relevant wallet or card.
To help you better understand how company money is being spent, Soldo also lets you categorise these transactions. This can be done in two ways:
- By pre-defined expense category
- By user-defined expense category (in our Pro/Premium plans)
Pre-defined expense category
This is a pre-defined list of categories, available by default on your Soldo company account. Transactions can be categorised easily using this list. Employees can also apply the appropriate tax rate using pre-defined classifications.
User-defined expense category
In our Pro and Premium plans, anybody in an administrator or accountant role can add new, user-defined categories to suit the needs of certain teams or business processes.
In our Premium plan, you can filter transactions by specific expense categories and classifiers.
Report on expenses
We know it's important to be able to easily generate reports based on employee spending and expenses. Soldo gives you an easy way to generate reports for daily, weekly, monthly or custom periods, in multiple formats. These can include:
- Transaction reports (users)
- Transaction reports (wallets)
- Balance and transaction statements
You can choose to download any report with or without attachments, letting you export both transaction details and relevant proofs of spend in one go whenever you need.
Automate the expense review workflow (for Pro/Premium plans)
At Soldo, we're committed to reducing manual workload, enabling better efficiency and reducing errors. Our 'Expense management' feature lets you set up policies, review, track, and approve all business expenses made using a Soldo card. Here's how to set it up.