Not every user needs their own card in order to spend. With Soldo you can create temporary virtual cards for employees who only need to make a limited number of transactions. Occasional expenses can include things like T&E expenses (hotel, taxi, food), training courses, exam fees, home-working equipment, events, and campaigns. We know responding to these expense requests can take up valuable time and resources, so we've designed some features to help solve this problem (available in our Pro and Premium Soldo plans).
In this article, we'll cover two features:
This feature lets employees submit a request for a temporary virtual card to be used for ad-hoc purchases. To make sure you stay in control of all company spending, all requests must be approved by a Super admin. In our Premium plan, you can create a custom workflow for this process, and choose how you wish the request to be approved, and by who. This feature has several components:
Submitting an expense request
Any employee can submit a request by following these steps:
1. Under Requests, go to 'My requests', then select 'Make a request'
2. Choose the first option ('I wish to make a payment')
3. Select the request type
4. Fill in the details for your request, including the amount and description
5. The request will be sent via email to the relevant person for review. Once the request has been approved, you'll be issued a temporary virtual card with a spending and usage limit. To activate the card, go to the Pre-approved expenses section.
6. Click 'Activate card'
7. Once activated, you can select 'View card details' to view spending and usage limits
Approving an expense request
Once an employee has submitted an expense request, the relevant reviewer will get an email notifying them of the request. Pending requests can then be approved or denied in the Requests section.
Custom workflows for expense requests
In larger companies, it can be difficult for one Super admin to review all expense requests. Our Soldo Premium plan lets you create custom workflows, delegating the process of approving spending requests to different users and roles of your choice.
Depending on the size of the company or on particular expense policies, it might not be necessary for an employee to request and gain spending approval. To support this requirement, Soldo also lets users create temporary virtual cards without first submitting a request for approval. Here's how it works.