What is SCA?
Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) is a European wide requirement to make online payments more secure and to reduce the risk of fraud. For any online transaction, you’ll be required to provide an additional verification.
SCA will require you to use at least two of the following three elements.
- SOMETHING you KNOW (e.g., password or PIN)
- SOMETHING you HAVE (e.g., phone or temporary token)
- SOMETHING you ARE (e.g., fingerprint or face recognition)
(Find out more about SCA regulation)
When is Strong Customer Authentication required at Soldo?
The increased security measure will be required anytime you:
- access your Soldo web console
- make a contactless payment
- carry out online payments
- carry out other sensitive operations (such as creating users, ordering cards and viewing financial details)
Contactless payments below £30
Contactless payments below £30 are exempted from SCA. However, the authentication might be requested if the exemption has been used 5 times since your last successful authentication, or if the sum of previously exempted payments exceeds £135.